Below you will find MEPS Steel News – the latest news from the global steel sector written by our steel market experts. You can sign up here, to receive the latest articles as soon as they are published.
- 28.10.2020The world steel industry has been savaged by coronavirus-related economic restrictions, rising raw material costs and weakening steel prices, during 2020. Mills in all regions recorded disastrous financial results.
- 26.10.2020In Sweden, wire producers report a modest reduction in demand, this year. Activity in the automotive sector is now showing signs of recovery but price increases for wire rod, in October, were tempered by competition between suppliers.
- 26.10.2020A gradual recovery in consumption is reported, in Denmark, supporting a modest price increase for hot rolled coil, in October.
- 23.10.2020Many EU-based customers are reluctant to commit to orders with UK bar producers, due to concerns about the end of the Brexit transition period and its potential impact on trade legislation.
- 23.10.2020Hot rolled coil prices increased during October in northern Europe, but French coil buyers are divided about the prospects for further increases.
- 22.10.2020Italian hot rolled coil domestic basis prices increased in mid/late September before stabilising in the early part of October, as procurement activity softened.
- 21.10.2020Reports of medium to strong steel demand persisted throughout October in Poland, with exceptionally buoyant activity for hot dipped galvanised coil.
- 21.10.2020The resurgence in Covid cases across Europe is a growing concern for steel buyers. Market participants are either delaying their purchases or increasing them, depending on their outlook and sentiment.
- 14.10.2020The increasing dominance of stainless steel production by the Asian continent is not going unnoticed by the European mills. Low production costs and local raw material resources have attracted investments in new facilities in several Asian countries
- 01.10.2020The Department for International Trade, led by The Rt Hon Liz Truss MP, has released guidance for the safeguard measures to be applied on imports of steel products into the United Kingdom, following the conclusion of the Brexit transition period
- 01.10.2020US stainless steel producers have raised October alloy surcharges for austenitic stainless steels. The North American Stainless 304 flat product surcharge increased to US$0.6802/lb – up 9.2 percent, month-on-month.