Below you will find MEPS Steel News – the latest news from the global steel sector written by our steel market experts. You can sign up here, to receive the latest articles as soon as they are published.
- Global stainless output falls for first time in 5 years02.03.2021Global crude stainless steel production decreased to approximately 50.7 million tonnes in 2020 – down almost 3 percent, year-on-year. This reduction is lower than initially expected at the onset of the coronavirus pandemic.
- 01.03.2021The global car industry is showing signs of a strong recovery, after coming to a standstill when the coronavirus pandemic took hold, early last year.
- 23.02.2021The steel markets in Poland and the Czech Republic are under review, as buyers assess the current dynamics in supply and demand. The mills, both locally and globally, are processing a substantial backlog of orders.
- 18.02.2021The rapid rise in European steel prices stalled at the beginning of February, as buyers absorbed the latest news concerning scrap market developments in Turkey.
- 16.02.2021Steel trading in China may have fallen silent ahead of the Lunar New Year festivities, but it is the global steel market that is taking a breather following a turbulent 12 months.
- 03.02.2021The cost of container shipping from Asia to Europe has increased significantly in the past few months. This comes at a time when EU stainless steel buyers are faced with long delivery lead times
- 28.01.2021As we approach the Lunar New Year celebrations, heralding the Chinese Year of the Ox, global steel price sentiment is exhibiting signs of weakening.
- 28.01.2021European stainless steel producers have raised their prices for 300 and 400 series hot and cold rolled coil multiple times throughout December and January.
- 25.01.2021A shift in conditions has taken place over the past few months in the global scrap market. A sudden change in the supply/demand balance resulted in scrap values escalating, between November and the middle of January. This has taken many in the European st
- 23.12.2020Global stainless steelmakers are scrambling to adjust their pricing levels, due to rapidly escalating nickel costs.
- 22.12.2020US prices for flat products are changing rapidly, almost on a daily basis. Aggressive pricing policies are being adopted by the steel producers. This is creating very challenging times for steel buyers.
- 22.12.2020The Polish steel market is still suffering from severe shortages. Spot buying is limited for quarter one, 2021. This is expected to continue into the second trimester.