Below you will find MEPS Steel News – the latest news from the global steel sector written by our steel market experts. You can sign up here, to receive the latest articles as soon as they are published.
- China Drives Stainless Steel Production Surge31.01.2020Annual global crude stainless steel production for 2019 is estimated to have totalled an all-time high figure of 52.9 million tonnes. This represents a year-on-year increase of 4.3 percent. MEPS forecasts a further rise in worldwide outturn of
- 23.01.2020The steel market, in the early part of January 2020, was slow, as companies returned from the extended Christmas/New Year celebrations.
- 23.01.2020In the Netherlands, prices for strip mill products began to rise, in January, as in most other Western European countries. Raw material costs are climbing, and the steel market sentiment has been improved by expectations of an upturn in the automotive sec
- 23.12.2019World stainless steel markets are in a state of transformation, due to shifts in the established patterns of supply and demand.
- 31.10.2019The business environment is challenging, in Brazil. Domestic steelmakers attempted to push through a price increase for October’s production campaign.
- 31.10.2019MEPS forecasts that world crude stainless steel output will reach an all-time high of 52.1 million tonnes, in 2019.
- 29.10.2019North American and European steelmakers are struggling to halt the negative trend in flat product prices, which has developed in recent months.
- 23.10.2019Purchasing activity is subdued, in the northern European steel market.
- 22.10.2019Despite the regional steelmakers’ attempts to lift basis values, in order to restore profit margins, European strip mill product prices moved downwards, in October.
- 23.08.2019MEPS International Ltd. celebrates its 40th anniversary on 22nd August, this year.