Below you will find MEPS Steel News – the latest news from the global steel sector written by our steel market experts. You can sign up here, to receive the latest articles as soon as they are published.
- 20.02.2020Much like Sheffield United, MEPS International Ltd. is based in the heart of Sheffield – the Steel City – in South Yorkshire. In 2019, Sheffield United returned to the Premier League after several years in the lower divisions.
- 20.02.2020In Austria, buyers of hot rolled coil question whether recent price hikes are sustainable, amid low-priced competition from Eastern Europe. Cold rolled coil purchasers report that regional mills’ schedules are becoming busier and delivery dates are moving
- 19.02.2020MEPS notes varied price trends across the European steel plate market, in February. Transaction values stabilised or increased modestly, in mainland Europe.
- 18.02.2020European strip mill product basis prices continued to move up, in February. Domestic steelmakers adopted a firm stance in negotiations with buyers.
- 31.01.2020Annual global crude stainless steel production for 2019 is estimated to have totalled an all-time high figure of 52.9 million tonnes. This represents a year-on-year increase of 4.3 percent. MEPS forecasts a further rise in worldwide outturn of
- 23.01.2020The steel market, in the early part of January 2020, was slow, as companies returned from the extended Christmas/New Year celebrations.
- 23.01.2020In the Netherlands, prices for strip mill products began to rise, in January, as in most other Western European countries. Raw material costs are climbing, and the steel market sentiment has been improved by expectations of an upturn in the automotive sec
- 23.12.2019World stainless steel markets are in a state of transformation, due to shifts in the established patterns of supply and demand.
- 19.12.2019North American flat product selling figures were on a downward trend, for the majority of 2019.
- 18.12.2019Western and northern European producers idled several blast furnaces in recent months, thereby reducing supply in the regional market.
- 16.12.2019European strip mill product prices stabilised, in early December. In Italy, basis values moved up a little. Despite a background of slow economic growth, global trade conflicts and political difficulties, a small recovery in market sentiment was noted.