Below you will find MEPS Steel News – the latest news from the global steel sector written by our steel market experts. You can sign up here, to receive the latest articles as soon as they are published.
- 18.12.2019Western and northern European producers idled several blast furnaces in recent months, thereby reducing supply in the regional market.
- 16.12.2019European strip mill product prices stabilised, in early December. In Italy, basis values moved up a little. Despite a background of slow economic growth, global trade conflicts and political difficulties, a small recovery in market sentiment was noted.
- 27.11.2019The prognosis for the Brazilian steel market is unchanged. The trading environment in the Brazilian steel market remains challenging.
- 31.10.2019The business environment is challenging, in Brazil. Domestic steelmakers attempted to push through a price increase for October’s production campaign.
- 31.10.2019MEPS forecasts that world crude stainless steel output will reach an all-time high of 52.1 million tonnes, in 2019.
- 29.10.2019North American and European steelmakers are struggling to halt the negative trend in flat product prices, which has developed in recent months.
- 23.10.2019Purchasing activity is subdued, in the northern European steel market.
- 22.10.2019Despite the regional steelmakers’ attempts to lift basis values, in order to restore profit margins, European strip mill product prices moved downwards, in October.
- 23.08.2019MEPS International Ltd. celebrates its 40th anniversary on 22nd August, this year.