Below you will find MEPS Steel News – the latest news from the global steel sector written by our steel market experts. You can sign up here, to receive the latest articles as soon as they are published.
- 21.04.2020Northern European distributors and service centres reported strong sales. Many customers are believed to have ordered more material than usual, in order to ensure supply.
- 20.04.2020The UK government announced the extension of lockdown restrictions, for at least another three weeks, on April 16.
- 17.04.2020European strip mill product steel prices were largely unchanged, in late March/early April, despite the major impact of the coronavirus outbreak on the steel sector and the worldwide economy.
- 30.03.2020Global stainless steel markets are being reshaped by the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- 27.03.2020The coronavirus outbreak is resulting in a deterioration of sentiment in the steel sector. Buyers are struggling to adapt to the challenging market conditions.
- 26.03.2020It is said that time flies over us but leaves its shadow behind. There is certainly a grey cloud hovering over the steel industry, this month.
- 20.03.2020Strip mill product prices continued to rise, in the Nordic countries, in early
- 19.03.2020European strip mill product basis prices continued to move up in late February/early March 2020. Indeed, a number of steelmakers were proposing further hikes, in order to improve their profitability.
- 28.02.2020Global stainless steel purchasing activity is steady, at a level, generally, a little below that of one year ago. A pickup in order volumes was reported in January. This was boosted by stock replenishment.
- 27.02.2020Flat product prices increased in Brazil, Russia and India, this month. In contrast, reductions were noted in China, amid the coronavirus outbreak. Uncertainty continues to unsettle steel purchasing activity in the emerging markets.
- 27.02.2020Market participants, worldwide, are growing increasingly concerned about the coronavirus and the impact it will have on the global steel market.