Below you will find MEPS Steel News – the latest news from the global steel sector written by our steel market experts. You can sign up here, to receive the latest articles as soon as they are published.
- 27.04.2020The price of oil has plummeted in recent months. This is creating concern, among market participants, that a crash in steel prices similar to the one recorded in 2015 could develop.
- 22.04.2020German steel demand slowed, in late March, as a result of the spread of Covid-19, although much of industry remains open.
- 21.04.2020Northern European distributors and service centres reported strong sales. Many customers are believed to have ordered more material than usual, in order to ensure supply.
- 20.04.2020The UK government announced the extension of lockdown restrictions, for at least another three weeks, on April 16.
- 17.04.2020European strip mill product steel prices were largely unchanged, in late March/early April, despite the major impact of the coronavirus outbreak on the steel sector and the worldwide economy.
- 30.03.2020Global stainless steel markets are being reshaped by the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- 27.03.2020The coronavirus outbreak is resulting in a deterioration of sentiment in the steel sector. Buyers are struggling to adapt to the challenging market conditions.
- 26.03.2020It is said that time flies over us but leaves its shadow behind. There is certainly a grey cloud hovering over the steel industry, this month.
- 20.03.2020Strip mill product prices continued to rise, in the Nordic countries, in early
- 19.03.2020European strip mill product basis prices continued to move up in late February/early March 2020. Indeed, a number of steelmakers were proposing further hikes, in order to improve their profitability.
- 28.02.2020Global stainless steel purchasing activity is steady, at a level, generally, a little below that of one year ago. A pickup in order volumes was reported in January. This was boosted by stock replenishment.